1. Email Tracy Lanum to express interest in booking an interview. Provide your name, email, phone number, book title, and first choice for interview month.
2. Send Tracy a blurb about your book, a one-page bio, a high-resolution photo, and an image of the book cover for the website spotlight.
3. Provide Neal with a physical copy of your book two weeks in advance. (After the interview, the book will be donated to a library.) Do not send too early, but allow time for first mail delivery to:
WXGM, ATTN: NEAL STEELE
P. O. Box 634
Gloucester, VA 23061
Or you may hand deliver it to the station.
4. When you send the book, Include:
a. a one-page bio describing your experience and what got you into writing
b. any reviews or endorsements of your book
This material will give Neal talking points and help make it a great interview.
4. If you live within one hour's commute of Gloucester, your initerview will be in person at the station.
5. If you live further away, or have a job situation or physical impairment that prevents an in-person interview, special arrangements will be made for a remote telephone interview.
6. Arrive at the station by 7:50 a.m. for your interview.
7. Your interview will begin about 8:05 a.m. right after the weather and stock market report. It will last from 10-25 minutes.
8. Relax! Neal is a skilled interviewer and easy to talk to.
9. Don't use one-word answers. Elaborate when answering a question.
10. Be prepared to give simple instructions where listeners can buy a copy of your book, website, bookstore, or other store.
11. Schedule book signings in the area if possible following the date of the interview Let Neal know before the interview, and follow his instructions on whether to mention them or not. (Because of the station's contractual arrangements with its advertisers, certain bookstore venues
may, on occasion, be barred from mention!)
12. If you want a CD of the interview, request it before the interview begins. CBW will normally record the on-air interview and place a podcast of it on the CBW website.
Any questions: contact Tracy Lanum.